On October 29, at the Municipal Public Library in Łaziska Górne, the summary of the competition “The world around us …” took place.
The prize for all participants was an extraordinary workshop with Ms Alina Przydatek – the author of books for children KiciNici. Ms Alina took not only the children, but also us – adults, to the world of true friendship, sensitivity and empathy …
During the meeting, the WINNERS were awarded the following prizes:
- 1st place – Nadia Twardzik, book entitled “My little world”
- 2nd place – Aleksandra Wolnik, book entitled “Trudi’s Travels”
- 3rd place – Alicja Studniarz, book entitled “Ola Granola’s tour”
- Honorable Mention – Milena Bańka, book “Animals in Poland”
In addition, the winning book will be published in 10 copies!
Thank you for your presence
- the Mayor of the City of Łaziska Górne – Mr. Aleksander Wyra,
- Chairman of the City Council – Mr. Tadeusz Król,
- Head of the Department of Education, Healthcare, Culture and Sport – Ms Joanna Palenta,
- Editor-in-chief of Gazeta Łaziska – Ms Małgorzata Strzelczyk,
- Journalist of Gazeta Łaziska – Ms Katarzyna Wiśniowska,
- representatives of the library, headed by the head of the children’s department – Ms Joanna Widera.
We hosted students from three Łaziska schools:
Primary School No. 6 with Integration Branches for them. John Paul II, Primary School No. M. Copernicus,
Schools No. 4 for them. Friends of the Earth.
We thank the participants for their commitment and their parents, guardians and educators for their support and motivation!
Above all, we would like to thank the Director of the Municipal Public Library – Ms. Katarzyna Syryjczyk Słomska with all the wonderful staff of the library for inspiring cooperation!
You are all won in our competition, because you showed your big heart with the mere desire to create a book for children from Africa!
Reading your books will be an important lesson and a beautiful experience for them! Because where are they supposed to get their knowledge without having a TV, radio, Internet and access to education …? Each book is unique just like each of you! Everyone deserves a lot of applause!